Facebook Marketing is the subpart of Social media Marketing.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social media platform where, we can make new friends, find old school/college friends, interact with new people, view photos of our friends and celebrities, and so on.
But in digital marketing terms, Facebook is a Sub-part of Social Media Marketing that We can use as a tool of social media marketing.
- It has a tremendous amount of customer base.
- It has 2.6 billion monthly active users.
- It supports more than 100+ languages.
- It is a worldwide popular social networking platform.
Overview of Facebook
- The average Facebook user has 430 friends; 25% of FB users have more than 500 friends.
- An average user likes 60 pages.
- Each day billions of posts shares on Facebook Like, Comment and share
What is Facebook Profile?
When we make an account or profile on Facebook with personal email id and personal information, it is called a personal account/ profile. For connecting people, we have to send requests. When they accept, we can see news feed from others.
Facebook Page/ Business page
- Facebook page can be a company page or a personal blog.
- For accessing news and post about page, we have to “Like” Page first.
- A page can have similar information to the website, such as about, contact details, and call to action button.
- Pages are different because they must create from an existing account, and other individual people (who have their Profiles) assigns as admins.
What are Facebook Posts?
- Post or content of a post can be anything text, photo, video, or link to another website or article.
- The key to Facebook marketing has content that people want to see, like, and share.
- The other important key to Facebook marketing is that your post should have a call to action, and it should be unique content.
What is reach?
- Reach is the number of people who see your post.
- It appears in people’s feeds, but it depends on they may react to it or not.
Organic reach VS Paid reach.
- Organic Reach: People reach our post through other’s engagement as like, comment, share.
- Paid Reach: People who serve your post because they meet the target audience criteria that you mentioned.
How to reach organically?
- Post good content.
- Post to the interests of the audience, not your needs.
- Post content that inspires.
- Use photos that pass the “scroll test.”
- Post frequency and timing.
- Post content. Ask open-ended questions to spark feedback.
- Follow your Facebook Insights.
- Engagement = (Likes+Comments+Shares)/people reached.
- Try to target 10% engagement with your posts. As engagement increases, so does your reach.
What is an impression?
How many time a Facebook ad shows to people no matter people see or not.
What is engagement?
Facebook engagement is an activity( like comments, shares) someone takes on your Facebook Page or one of your posts.
- Facebook ads are simply paying Facebook to show posts in front of a wider audience of your choice.
- An Education Company, for example: might only want their post seen by 20-60 year old All in Delhi.
- Facebook makes it possible to target the right audience, to get the right people to see your ads.
- Facebook ads just look like just regular posts but say as ‘sponsored ads’ on the left-hand corner.
Types of Facebook Ads
Facebook categorized Ads into three objectives- Awareness, Consideration, Conversion.
In these three objectives, 15 micro objectives are your goal to design Ad.
Awareness Ads Type (Top of the Sales Funnel)
- Facebook has billions of users, and most of them use Facebook daily. I am sure that a wide range of users does not know about your company and business. Awareness ad makes them aware of your brand and services and generates interest in it.
- These discovery ads are perfect for you to tell your company story and connect with new target customers.
- Awareness ad means help people to know about your brand. These ads build your base customers.
- You should use high-quality creatives like images, videos, infographics to attract people at this stage.
Micro objectives of Awareness Ads
- Brand Awareness– Makes them(Target audience) aware of your brand, product, and services.
- Local Awareness – Encourage discovery of your local business (limited targeting options, targets based on proximity to business)
- Reach – Show your ad to the maximum amount of people possible (limited availability)
Consideration Ads( Top Middle of the Funnel)
- These ads make people think about your brand, product, and services and more information about it.
- Consideration ads are very significant for your onsite content, App, blog posts, videos, email newsletters, etc.
Micro objectives of Consideration Ads
- Website Traffic – Send people to your website to understand more about your product and services.
- Engagement – Drive engagement with your brand
- Page Likes – Increase Facebook page likes
- Post Engagement – Increase engagement with a specific post
- Offer Claims – Get people to claim an offer
- Event Responses – Get people to attend an event
- App Installs – Generate app installs
- Video Views – Generate views on a video
- Lead Generation – Acquire new leads via a lead form Facebook users can fill out right on the platform
- Messenger Ads – Send people advertisements right into their Facebook Messenger account.
Conversion Ads(Bottom of the funnel)
- Conversion ads encourage people to take action for your product, services like purchase.
- It is the primary goal of our conversion ad. These ads are the easiest way to measure results but costly than the other ad type.
- Conversion ads use in conjunction with your Facebook pixel, which is a snippet of code that follows users around the web. This pixel not only enables you to remarket but also allows you to track behaviors on your site.
- We suggest business owners and marketing managers place conversion codes on thank-you pages or other relevant pages that mark your goals.
Example- Sending people directly on the product checkout page, Sending people to your store, Completing registration form.
Micro objectives of Conversion Ad
- Conversions – Drive action on your website
- Product Catalog Sales – Drive product sales
- Store Visits – Drive foot traffic to a store